June 16, 2011

Turkey Burger with Arugala


Adapted from: The Neely's Stuffed Turkey Burger

Summa time!!!! Makes you want to crank up a certain sublime song and pull out the grill.

Because I live in Miami grilling isn't exclusive to summertime, but it is definitely encouraged. There's just a feeling when it's summer, maybe its the old memory of freedom, but it makes you want to do anything and everything cliche.

I dont love the taste of regular ground beef, in fact I strongly disklike it. But that doesn't mean I dont want to feel like a red blooded american, I want me a burger!

I opt for a turkey burger which is coincidentally also a healthier version, 1 point for me.

I paired this turkey burger with arugula tossed in a lemon vinaigrette. Arugula has an enjoyable bitter taste and it really paired great with the burger.  I also added some sautted mushroom and onions. Yummmm

Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 burgers

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp soy sauce
Salt and black pepper

Cooking:
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat
2. Mix garlic, onion, turkey, mustard, soy sauce and salt & pepper together
3. Divide mixture into 4 patties
4. Grill the burgers until cooked through about 5 to 8 minutes


Lemon Vinagrette (adapted: Giada De Laurentiis)
1 package of arugula
1 lemon juiced
2 tbl of olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Mix lemon and olive and oil together
2. Season with salt and pepper
3. Toss with arugula

No comments:

Post a Comment