March 22, 2011

Garlic Shrimp

There's something you should know about me....I'm a Food Network Junkie.  

I have favorites, I watch the shows, I make the recipes, I love all of it. I also love shrimp but I get bored with the same scampi.

I tried this recipe from Bobby Flay and really enjoyed it! The simple ingredients kept the meal light but also full of flavor. I did eliminate the chili powder because i'm not a fan of spicy but feel free to add 1/1/2 tbl of chili powder to the marinade.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped thyme leaves
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
24 (or more up to 30 is fine) large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Salt and black pepper
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Wooden Skewers

Cooking:
1.Heat the grill medium to high heat.
2. Soak wooden skewers in water 
3. Make the marinade: 1/4 cup of olive oil, chopped garlic, 2 tbl thyme
4. Skewer the shrimp and brush with marinade
5. Heat the rest of the oil and cook the sliced garlic until golden brown
6. Remove the garlic and reserve the oil separately
7. Increase the grill to high, salt and pepper the shrimp. Grill on each side for 1.5 -2 minutes
8. Remove shrimp from skewers to a platter and drizzle with some of the reserved oil, garlic chips, and sprinkle with the rest of the thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment