March 11, 2011

Limonana


Let me introduce you to the most refreshing, delicious lemonade: limonana.

I found this drink during a summer I spent in Israel. They sell it in every cafe, coffee shop, and restaurant. On a sunny afternoon my sister and I decided to recreate it. It's essentially just lemonade, mint and ice. A minty lemonade slushy. Are you craving summer yet???? Well at least spring is close...invite some friends over and serve this.

Is it the weekend? Add a few shots of vodka!

Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6

Ingredients:
4 lemons
2 1/2 cups of water, cold
1/2 cup of sugar ( add more to your own taste)
A bunch of fresh mint (10-12 leaves)
Ice, a lot

Blending:
1. Juice the lemons and mix them in pitcher with the water
2. Add sugar
3. Pour in a blender and add mint leaves
4. Fill the rest of the blender with ice and turn on high
5. Serve immediately

1 comment: