March 12, 2011

My First Tomato!


My Pride and Joy. The first fruit of labor to come from my new vegetable garden. A few months back I had the idea to plant some herbs to supplement my cooking and also save some money. The more trips I made to the store for soil, the more vegetable plants I saw, tomatoes, peppers, brussel sprouts...each one would get me so excited I became a vegetable impulse buyer. I know, i'm a dork for getting so excited over vegetables, but I have discovered the satisfaction with seeing the growing process. Ofcourse we all know that vegetables come from the ground and people somewhere grow them, but seeing them bud from my own plants got me saying "Oh My Gosh its true!" I was so excited when this tomato started turning red, it could have been rotten and I would have still gobbled it up. Lucky for me this was the sweetest ripe tomato. I sliced the lil' guy up salted it and was in heaven for a whole 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment